Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Hello Everyone,

Well it's a bit rainy today but.....April showers bring May flowers. So I'm thinking it's a great day to hunker down and sew.  Wouldn't it be great if we could have a rule that states any time there is inclement weather, we get "oops" HAVE to sew. And every one understands that. No questions asked, just the understanding......moisture in the air of any kind and we go to our sewing room, chair, corner.  Which ever applies and sew. Also, browsing sewing books, magazines, patterns and watching sewing shows on TV or the Internet counts as sewing. We all know it IS part of the sewing process. I would concede that boiling a lot of water and or running the shower with hot water thus creating steam and moisture in the air doesn't count. (Unless, of course you can pull that one off.)

I am raising my had to make that motion, do I have a second?........All in favor ........Oh I do believe we will not be singing "Rain Rain Go Away" any more. Bring it on!!!!!!

Speaking of sewing. We had Open Sew Night last Friday night and again it was such a fun time. It was Sew great to have new people join in the fun.

The Show and Tell was Awesome. Yep, I am posting pictures cuz we all know, I know how now. "As you can tell, I am still not over the joy of figuring  "That" out. I am still jumping up and down at the top of the stairs. WaHoo."


Beautiful....don't you agree?

This morning my daughter called. She is in my ever-so- humble opinion. The cutest non sewer out there. To tell me she was sorry she didn't make it to Open Sew Night. She came last time," she got a quilt top made." Oh yea, she knows a good time when she has had one! I kinda, sorta think she just might be a quilter after all! Yippie.

As you can see. Some really awesome projects were created and started and finished. We had loads of fun, laughter, food....(We need fortification to keep sewing!) Speaking of that, I promised I would put the recipe in this blog for the Taco Soup I made.  Super easy to make, yet freakishly yummy.So here goes......

Saute the following:

1 lb ground beef                             1 medium onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste.  Add:
1 can kidney beans drained (I prefer 1 can pinto beans drained and 1 can drained small great northern white beans.)
1 can corn undrained                      1 small can tomato sauce       
1 can (28 oz.) tomatoes, I use a quart of home bottled tomatoes.
1 pkg taco seasoning

Simmer several hours. We like it served with Frito's and grated cheese.

Guess who showed up to quilt on the long arm? Glen. Hes does a great job. He used a new pantograph this time that he said he really enjoyed using. Well I must agree because his quilt sure was cute. See for your selves....

OK, so he hid behind it. Oh but there is more...

We got him to come out!

A little close up of the design he chose. See how he does such a great job.

I told ya, I told ya, so now I've gone and showed ya!!!!!! I know your all saying "I wanna do that too."
Well....come get certified and you will be doing that.

Just a thought, or maybe this is called a truism.

"Never underestimate the power of a woman with a sewing machine"

On that note.

Till next time,
Thimbleina



                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment