Saturday, July 13, 2013

Hello Everyone,
I do hope all of you are enjoying your Summer. Summer seemed to come on fast this year. My goodness we are approaching the 24th of July. I read an ad yesterday advertizing Back to School. Didn't the kids just get out of school? I kinda hate to say it but, if we want to get our Holiday sewing done. We are going to have to get crackin!

Here at Thimbles and Threads we will be having some specials for Draper Days (24th of July celebration) I will get back with you with more details soon. We have sooooo many new fabric lines in and more coming each day. It's way fun. If your wondering.....yep, I am working on a little display using Burlap. I just couldn't stand it. Oh , and we got in some plain Burlap as well. Before I forget, we have white flannel in stock. Perfect for those Rag Quilts we all love so much. Lets not forget our clearance room. As new fabric arrives we have to make room for it. So we add to the clearance room. Always a great place to shop around in and find the deals and steals.

Okay, now I will step out side of my box for a moment. I have been asked by a number of you for the recipe for the desert that was served at the last event we had here at Thimbles and Threads. So here goes:

Heavenly Pie

¼ plus 2 Tbls. Butter
1 ½ c Flour
¼ c Sugar
1 c Walnuts (I use Pecans)
Put everything in a bowl and mix well. Mixture is kinda dry. Press in bottom of a 9x13 pan and Bake @ 375* for 20 min. Remove from oven and let cool.
Take a 1 ½ pkg. cream cheese (12 oz.) 1 ½ c Powered Sugar, 1 ½ tsp. Vanilla. Cream together and spread on cooled crust.
1 6oz. pkg. Instant Chocolate Pudding, 2 2/3 c Milk. Mix together, I use my hand mixer and mix for a couple of minutes. You will see it is setting up. Spread over Cream Cheese  layer. Spread Cool Whip on top. Depending on how much you like Cool Whip will depend on how big of a container you will need (8 or 12 oz.) Using real whipping cream is great as well. Just add a little unflavored gelatin to the cream when you are beating it so it will hold up and not go flat later on. I do like chopped nuts on top or shaved chocolate.

One more tip: This is totally yummy for breakfast. Just say-in!
   

I am still trying to get the German Potato Salad recipe. When I get it, I will post it for you.

I am enjoying Summer ever so much this year. I don't know why, I just am. I love the warmth (not hot), I love the smell of the flowers and of  people barbecuing, and the laughter of children playing. I do love a good game of Kick the Can . I love the smell of swimming pools and splashing water. Sewing outside while listening to the birds, trying to mimic their chirps. Ok, I admit I want to think I am talking bird talk , I don't know what I might be saying. But I want to think they do. Ok so maybe that one is ONLY me. There is a joy to Summer that just can't be described. Oh.....I love a good watermelon.  

Take a walk, sit out side, figure out the cloud formations, find the constellations at night, breath in the fresh air, have a Popsicle. Wiggle your toes. Have some watermelon and think of me thinking I can talk to random birds. "There probably is some kind of medication for this!" Most importantly........Enjoy Summer and come see us for Draper Days!

Till next time,
Thimbleina


No comments:

Post a Comment