Thursday, October 3, 2013

Ladies Night Out

Hello Everyone,
I hope you are enjoying our Fall season as much as I am. I love the colors and the smells and well just the overall aura.....feeling of Fall. I'm not so sure that I am ready to kick start the Holidays into full gear, but just taking one day at a time is kinda nice, relaxing even. I did decorate my home last night for Halloween/ Fall/ Thanksgiving. It was fun. Pulling out the decorations that haven't been seen for a year and placing them here and there. Remembering when I got them or who made it for me or even reminiscing about when I made certain items. It was fun, plus I was chatting with a great friend on the phone the whole time. Oh my gosh, now that was a really nice evening. You know how you have some friends you can chat with for what seems like forever and even though you might be on the phone for a really long time....when you hang up and look at the clock and realize just how long you've been talking and you come to from the shock of it all.....you still know it was time well spent. Well, that was my experience last night. Fun was had by all!

I was called to the phone last week and I had the most interesting and heart warming conversation with a lady named Yevette. We're all friends here so I'll share.

Yevette is from Pennsylvania. She was shopping in a discount store and while looking at a red blazer she found a wallet. She went through the wallet and found one of our Thimbles and Threads punch cards which has our phone number on it. So she called and talked to me and asked me if I would find the owner of the wallet. I said of course . She was so cute and so concerned for the wallet's safety. I assured her I would keep it safe. The wallet arrived last Saturday. I looked up the ladies name on the drivers license through Dex online and the only phone number I found went to a business so no luck there. Her credit union card was in the wallet so on Monday I called her credit union I identified my self  and gave them her account number and asked if it was a current account . I told the credit union lady I didn't want any information other than to know if the account was current. She said it was. I told her this story and  asked her if she wouldn't mind calling the owner of the wallet and letting her know it was safe and that she could pick it up at any time. The credit union lady knew me and said she would make the call. Soon after the phone rang here at work and I spoke to the wallet owner. She could hardly believe her wallet had been found let alone returned to Thimbles and Threads. She said I will come right over and get it and she did. The surprise and gratitude on her face was priceless. I told her Yevette had written her a letter and it was in the package with the wallet. She pulled it out and read the letter. She wanted  to know if there was a way for her to contact Yevette. I said yes, her return address is on the package. She told her story of the events prior to her purse being stolen and how she had had to just let it go and move on or maybe even go on as that is a traumatic event and much was lost in the contents of that purse. As she held that wallet in her hand and looked into my eyes with tears forming and I had tears forming as well, she said " I had to let it go. But this is like getting a piece of myself back." I could just feel how she felt, we had a really good hug and she left.
I think it might be important to share with you the discount store the wallet was found in was in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. What are the odds of it ever being returned.........
Moral of this story:


With all the ick around us, there are still really good people out there, and it doesn't hurt to keep a Thimbles and Threads card in your wallet!

In keeping with the thyme of Good News: Saturday Night from 5:00- 8:00 is "Ladies Night Out"
If you came to the last one, you know it is a great night for sales and fun. We only do this sale twice a year and we try to make it a Goodie!

We have  had more new fabric arrive and boy is it ever cute. Here's a couple of samples:
 This is a New Loralie Designs  Line. The front one is the focus fabric and the other three are acoordinates.
 Is this beautiful or what? Nancy is making a quilt out of this line. I can hardly wait to see it!
Another Christmas line that is so cute and it will be on sale!

Speaking of sales.....as a little Sneaky Peek. First time ever...we will have Batiks on sale . Wahoo!
Now that is GOOD NEWS.

Just a reminder that Thimbles and Threads is now open until 8 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Also don't forget to check out our NEW Classes. We had one tonight and what a cute project. /the pumpkin  pillow using raw edge applique, crazy cute!

Keep up the Good News!

Till next time,
Thimbelina

No comments:

Post a Comment